FOOTBALLER Diafra Sakho has been arrested for threatening to kill a girlfriend, just days after allegedly assaulting her.
Police swooped on the West Ham striker’s luxury Essex pad again before quizzing him on suspicion of making threats to kill and witness intimidation.
Sakho was already on bail after being held on suspicion of assaulting the woman earlier this month.
The £15million-rated Senegalese ace, 25, was questioned for the second time on Sunday night and released on bail until early October.
The police raid on Sakho’s £3million home in swanky Emerson Park, Hornchurch, will stun fans and teammates at Upton Park.
He became a firm favourite after bagging 12 goals in 26 games in his first season.
A source told The Sun: “The club has stood by him since his last arrest but they will not be happy about this. It remains to be seen if they will take any action.
“The fans love him and he certainly knows how to score a goal, but the Hammers don’t need this kind of negative publicity.”
The striker was first nicked on August 6, three days before he starred in West Ham’s Premier League opening day victory over Arsenal. Boss Slaven Bilic said at the time he would continue to select Sakho despite his arrest.
Bilic said: “He looks OK and is not worried. He is still positive and training normally.”
Police have not revealed the identity of the alleged victim.
But three weeks ago a picture of Sakho and his apparently-pregnant model girlfriend Mya Hassan, 29, was posted anonymously on a Talk Sport fans forum.
It sparked a string of messages of congratulations.
The Premier League star also has a two-year-old daughter by a former partner in France, where he played for FC Metz and on loan at Boulogne before joining the Hammers last August for £3.5million.
Although there is no specific offence of domestic violence, police must treat cases with the utmost seriousness.
Even if a complainant later withdraws their statement, cops still have to try to pursue allegations through other evidence such as medical reports.
A spokesman for the player said last night: “Diafra Sakho has not been charged with any offence.
“He vigorously denies the allegations that have been made against him, and has given the police a complete explanation of events.
“He will not be making any further comment.”